Foothills Animal Rescue is governed by volunteer leadership that advances our mission through fiscal responsibility and that our rescue is in line with best practices in animal welfare.
Kathy Szur – Chairman Dr. Nick Tex- Vice Chairman
Jack Gustin – Treasurer Tina Woods – Secretary
Holly Bergman – Immediate Past Chairman
Jordan McGrath- Director Debbie Williams-Blood – Director
Dr. Patricia Henthorn – Director Laura Lucky – Director
Dr. Leo Egar – Director Marion Auray – Director
Victoria Cowper, CAWA Executive Director.
The welfare of an animal includes its physical and mental state and we consider that good animal welfare implies both fitness and a sense of well-being. Any animal kept by man, must at least, be protected from unnecessary suffering.
- Freedom from hunger and thirst.
- by ready access to fresh water and diet to maintain health and vigor
- Freedom from discomfort
- By providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease
- By prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Freedom to express normal behavior
- By providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
- Freedom from fear and distress
- By ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.